Happy Thanksgiving!

Go Back   hybrids.jp > General Discussion > Back Alley
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2010, 09:03 PM   #21
Tee
Superduty Tuffwork!

Send a message via AIM to Tee
Default This place is my home online...

This is my home on the net; and as long as it's here, that's not changing. I remember teaching Frito to drive a 5 speed and painting the tail lamps on his white EG, AE86.org, meeting hybrid members in person and never being disappointed.

The whole board dissing Hybridkoop until he left, being the only black dude on hybrid, aside from Mechanic B's illiterate Ass. Arguing with Hubert and Hooter over goofy Sh*t, hanging out with Byron and Nick (ya'll F*cking still rule!!!)... and so much other stuff man.

This board is why I can gladly say I never mess with these local shops; I'd rather put a dollar or more in a fellow hybrid members pocket than any of these weak shops. This place is like a brotherhood/club/legendary organization or some Sh*t, Lol! You don't know how many young kids I've met regarding Honda's and when I mention Hybrids.jp; I get all sort of funny responses.

Like "isn't that where Katmans from" and "didn't those guys start the JDM style?"...whatever the F*ck that is! Lol! I've always dug the way we beef; but can still bury the hatchet at the end of the day. I also dig the way we stick together and run fools who don't adhere to the protocol out of here. It's how we've maintained this place staying so cool for so long. BTW, I also remember long Arse posts like this one, I'm typing, Lol!
Peace,
Tee
Old 07-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #22
av11stgen
Hybrids.jp Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris m View Post
Am I the only one on the board still in their 20's

Your not the only one... Im 26 ..
av11stgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #23
killer_b
ʇǝsdn ǝɯ ʇǝb ʇ,uop

Send a message via AIM to killer_b Send a message via MSN to killer_b Send a message via Skype™ to killer_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
... being the only black dude on hybrid, aside from Mechanic B's illiterate Ass.
don't forget jdmswift who left in a hissy fit over (of all things) a Richard Pryor sketch
Old 07-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #24
Mista Bone
D Tranny Pimp

Send a message via AIM to Mista Bone

Still hoping to be the first grandpa on here.......my son is getting married in 4 days
Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:37 AM   #25
Jaker
Hybrids.jp Member

Please offer him and your soon to be daughter-in-law our best wishes!
Jaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:25 AM   #26
Hubert
Le Métier

Quote:
I've always dug the way we beef; but can still bury the hatchet at the end of the day.
Whatever, jerk.

Rule #13: THE DELIVERY OF GOOD MEDICAL CARE IS TO DO AS MUCH NOTHING AS POSSIBLE.
Hubert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:41 AM   #27
chris m
Hybrids.jp Member

We also have a dog eater who is now hiding somewhere in the east bay. Its a mix bag of people thats for sure.
chris m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:35 PM   #28
Ivan
Ni hao

I've only met a couple people from here. most of you probably don't recognize my screen name but I trust anybody here. I would buy from anyone here without doubt. I like that about hybrids.jp. My old account got deleted but I've been here for like 10 years and I'm 28 so in my 20's also, barely I could go on and on but I would love to meet some of you guys and just shoot the shit.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:57 AM   #29
Mista Bone
D Tranny Pimp

Send a message via AIM to Mista Bone

LOL, when I pulled up and your dad or cousin was outside I asked if Ivan was around, "Evan will be right back."

DOH!!!!!

My first trip through Chi-Town sucked, damn traffic!
Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:54 AM   #30
kwest10
Hybrids.jp Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris93Si View Post
That's actually an awesome idea. Have a sticky thread and when a random memory pops up or someone comes across some old pics throw em up in there.

< BTW part 2 makes me think of waiting for Outrun part 2 lol.
I actually got the "Part 2" in person a couple of years ago. I'm shopping it around in Hollywood right now. If it doesn't sell, I'll tell the tale at the next Hybrid wheel chair meet (Segway swapped wheelchair) n 2050.
Oh yea..."remember when" there were technical posts on a daily basis and items in the FS section on a daily basis?
Remember that sock that DP put in a package that made across the country a few times?
kwest10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:36 PM   #31
Ivan
Ni hao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Bone View Post
LOL, when I pulled up and your dad or cousin was outside I asked if Ivan was around, "Evan will be right back."

DOH!!!!!

My first trip through Chi-Town sucked, damn traffic!
ha, I remember that day. I think suprdave was there that day too.
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #32
jeff
Haunted Garage

Whatever happened to Hondafreak?
jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #33
Salami
Old and slow

Quote:
The whole board dissing Hybridkoop until he left, being the only black dude on hybrid, aside from Mechanic B's illiterate Ass.

Hybridkoop black? Didn't look black to me when I bought a tranny off him. Or where you referring to some one else?
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:45 AM   #34
Frito
GUAT

Send a message via AIM to Frito

he's talking about himself (tee)
Old 07-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #35
chris m
Hybrids.jp Member

Frito,

You been to Dan's new place yet?
Old 07-16-2010, 01:49 AM   #36
Frito
GUAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris m View Post
Frito,

You been to Dan's new place yet?
I'm heading down for his bday with my family. I'm hoping to see it then. You went a couple times right?
Old 07-16-2010, 02:05 AM   #37
Frito
GUAT

Quote:
This is my home on the net; and as long as it's here, that's not changing. I remember teaching Frito to drive a 5 speed and painting the tail lamps on his white EG, AE86.org, meeting hybrid members in person and never being disappointed.

The whole board dissing Hybridkoop until he left, being the only black dude on hybrid, aside from Mechanic B's illiterate Ass. Arguing with Hubert and Hooter over goofy Sh*t, hanging out with Byron and Nick (ya'll F*cking still rule!!!)... and so much other stuff man.

This board is why I can gladly say I never mess with these local shops; I'd rather put a dollar or more in a fellow hybrid members pocket than any of these weak shops. This place is like a brotherhood/club/legendary organization or some Sh*t, Lol! You don't know how many young kids I've met regarding Honda's and when I mention Hybrids.jp; I get all sort of funny responses.

Like "isn't that where Katmans from" and "didn't those guys start the JDM style?"...whatever the F*ck that is! Lol! I've always dug the way we beef; but can still bury the hatchet at the end of the day. I also dig the way we stick together and run fools who don't adhere to the protocol out of here. It's how we've maintained this place staying so cool for so long. BTW, I also remember long Arse posts like this one, I'm typing, Lol!
Peace,
Tee
You forgot changing springs on my first civic in your mom's driveway, skating albertson's and talking about hybrid stuff, noori's teething toy being a p73 piston (jfwy), and going to USTCC @ PIR after picking up Eric Bauer from the airport. I was young and dumb (now just old!) and remember we did laps walking around portland streets lookin to eat somewhere asking EB questions and having fun the next day at the Doernbecher Dash. Wish EB was around, I have another civic 1200. Oh and the dvd from katman was cool too (thanks), and i remember sending katman my old skate mags wit some cool pro spotlights. I think jason lee first interview n such.

anyway, before I ramble any more stuff... It really is amazing that this place I have checked regularly for I think 10 yrs or so and had great experiences with and made good friends. mil gracias to all for the tech help, fun posts and friendships over the years.

crazy to think i got here as a young dumb kid on a skateboard and a heavy foot, now we're all having kids and are cleverly disguised as responsible adults! It blows me away to see tee's son so tall, I'm sure DP's son is already taller than him too. hehe
Old 07-16-2010, 02:52 AM   #38
chris m
Hybrids.jp Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frito View Post
I'm heading down for his bday with my family. I'm hoping to see it then. You went a couple times right?

Yeah cool little spot but parking sucks over there.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:19 AM   #39
Tee
Superduty Tuffwork!

Send a message via AIM to Tee
Default Hybridkoop Black? Lol!

Nah, bad grammar structure on my part; we were all beefing with him and he bounced Thanks goodness...Lol!
Peace,
Tee
Old 07-17-2010, 03:00 AM   #40
Outrun
Hybrids.jp Member

I remember someone warning me about some guy at HTD#1 in a red RX-7 that likes to "ride people's ass". Sure enough some red RX-7 was riding my ass for a couple of laps and wouldn't pass me even when I pointed him by. Then people were saying "FYH" on the boards. It was some kind of inside joke that I'm still not privy to.
How is it we're more shocked with what Justin did to Janet?"

"Got a Chinaman's chance to fill banks like Phil Banks."
Outrun is offline   Reply With Quote