Happy Thanksgiving!

Go Back   hybrids.jp > General Discussion > Back Alley
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #81
mike-y
icy hot stunna

LOLOL..
yeah, a cage is definitely a good idea in a car like that. I have a kirk racing bar, and the hoop fits really nice and snug. I actually had to remove the side seatbelt anchors to get the hoop to slide back into the car. Mine's just a bolt in though, so its got the wack rear bars. Weld-in is definitely the way to go if you got the scratch for it. plus you can gusset that shit to the frame, door pillars, windshield pillars, and really increase the structural rigidity of the car.
mike-y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:39 PM   #82
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

Location: Cincinnati, the city that almost murdered T.I., haha
Send a message via AIM to colt45

Does kirk offer chromolly tubing and x bars in the doors and triangulated front bars like the s&w's do?

The kirk ones sound neck and neck with the s&w. ive seen some soooper shitty s&w's though. but we are talking shade tree RB Ma5t0r t3kk installs with booger stick welds and what not, i bet if you spent some time on it, it would look fantastic...till i spraypaint it flat black so no one can see it behind the 100 percent window tint.

im bout to go out for a cruise in the boonies.

if i dont talk to you guys again

love you
Old 07-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #83
Mista Bone
D Tranny Pimp

Send a message via AIM to Mista Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt45 View Post
Does kirk offer chromolly tubing and x bars in the doors and triangulated front bars like the s&w's do?

The kirk ones sound neck and neck with the s&w. ive seen some soooper shitty s&w's though. but we are talking shade tree RB Ma5t0r t3kk installs with booger stick welds and what not, i bet if you spent some time on it, it would look fantastic...till i spraypaint it flat black so no one can see it behind the 100 percent window tint.

im bout to go out for a cruise in the boonies.

if i dont talk to you guys again

love you
McGonigle or bust
Mista Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:11 AM   #84
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FAST-...3286.m14.l1318

oh man...
Old 07-26-2008, 02:34 PM   #85
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

sooooo

rx7 is out of comission. faggot road construction everywhere+ some city faggots hauling bricks dropping all over the road= wacked into a brick at 70 and took out the feed and returns.

fucking gas spraying all over the exhaust, followed by some god damn wigger in a mustang trying to talk about "whats done to it" while im wacking the lines so they dont spray out to get home... great time..

since i dont want to waste my time bending some trash my little pony sized hardlines, i guess its time to buy -an feed and returns and an atl 8 gallon fuel safe.

so shits unda the knife for a hot minute...

"fuck my life"

haha

sigh.............

heres a late night blast past some rb's house tho my friend just sent to me.. i cant hear tho cause this pc does not have a sound card...

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r...0725082144.flv

Last edited by colt45; 07-26-2008 at 03:00 PM.
colt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:33 AM   #86
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

update mods

17x17x9 rci vented roll over baffled fuel cell

dual -8 feed---> into dual -8 to -10 single feed y adapter. -10 to regulator, -8 return.
Aeromotive eliminator 1600hp pump,
weldon 100 micron 5.5x2.3 inch filter
aeromotive pressure regulator.

everything together is 10 gal alum vs like 15 or something stock steel.

Want to eliminate battery for a smaller really light battery. Any suggestions?

also Got delrin shift knob, srr 3 inch hub spacer, wood momo monte carlo with polished center, and completed sunroof plug.

I also got one of those switch panels for the ignition switch. This way i can pretty much remove all the existing factory wiring inside. Im going to wire all the lights and what not to the switches so if i am battling some rb's, i do it with my tail lights off and my plate lights off. That way when im on tape terminating them into the darkness you cant make out the car and its insignificant footage.

Im thinking of parting with the existing autozone looking cluster i have because a. the glare, b its just plain junk, and c i dont like how its positioned. Even with a huge spacer on there, the wheel sits close as hell to me, it needs to be further back towards the dash, and when you move it back, its all in the clusters business and you blast it with your hands counter measuring torque.

If i do so im going to take the plastic piece around the cluster (the thing the shift light is bolted to along with the rest of the gauges and the finishing panel) and remove it, then recess a flat piece of carbon and mount a dash display to it..

heres a ghetto rendition i did in 21 seconds with ms paint. The piece with the dashes on it will be totally gone along with the gauges, and there will be a slightly recessed piece of carbon with the display mounted on it. The only one thats looking promising is the stack. I cant find a price or distributor anywhere for motec, which would be nicer and more compact, but im sure its way too pricey. This just makes gauges way simpler. i dont like all those hoot nanny things all over the place anyhow. i want minimal wiring and clutter.

I also managed to "find" another road sign to make my speedo panel out of. For the time being, the speedo is moving up to the top spot in the console, with the shift light recessed next to it. Then the lower panel will have all my switches on it.

Ill try to get some pictures tonight if i remember. At least it will give you dudes something to look at while you are at work tomorrow. shrugs...

keep yas updated as i progress. bout to start putting that gsr engine together for the hatchback also. just need to find a local machine shop worth a fuck to bore it to 83mil
Old 08-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #87
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

sick.... absoloutely sick but im sure way more than the stack pictured below

prolly tradin an old wastegate for this rear diffuser also. just gonna have to mod it to clear the fuel cell sump

also found this one for under 700 bucks

http://www.racepak.com/UDX.php

Last edited by colt45; 08-05-2008 at 12:09 PM.
colt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:31 PM   #88
TeamNextGen
TMG.jp member

for a battery,i'd go with a stock replacement Miata.i've tried several of the aftermarket super racing small batteries,and they all took a shit.
$39 Autozone Miata replacement for the win.smaller than a stock EF/EG/DC size battery,and still plenty of juice.
Chris
Old 08-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #89
mike-y
icy hot stunna

Aim sports also makes digital clusters, and data acquisition systems. They ain't cheap either, but they have a nice looking system at about $750:

http://www.aimsports.com/products/auto.html

Have you tried looking for a smaller hub spacer? yours looks pretty deep. Is it mounted directly on the RX-7 steering hub, or is there an adapter behind it? something like this maybe?

http://racingr.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=17
mike-y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:20 PM   #90
nonsense
devils advocate

Send a message via AIM to nonsense

A lot of Kart racers use the AIM Michron3, so you may find one used on ekartingnews.com or something
Old 08-06-2008, 07:04 AM   #91
TeamNextGen
TMG.jp member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-y View Post
Aim sports also makes digital clusters, and data acquisition systems. They ain't cheap either, but they have a nice looking system at about $750:

http://www.aimsports.com/products/auto.html

Have you tried looking for a smaller hub spacer? yours looks pretty deep. Is it mounted directly on the RX-7 steering hub, or is there an adapter behind it? something like this maybe?

http://racingr.com/index.php?main_pa...products_id=17
AIM is based here in Roanoke.very cool guys.
ScottG on here used to work for them,maybe he'll see this thread and give some info.from what i've seen,they're nice units that seem to be priced less than some of the better known brands.AIM is also starting a big push into automotive racing,so i think you'll start seeing them more often.
Chris
Old 08-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #92
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

Man thanks for all the responses guys! Thats honestly why i made this thread on here, is because alot of you know where to find this stuff. Im limited here in cincinnati.

do the aim displays glow at night time. I need something that glows tite. this way it matches my neons. Just kidding, but i do need something i can see at night. I know a couple of those displays are like super shitty backlit. Like an old timex watch with two little bulbs in there.

I got the wild idea to skin the dash last night though. Theres massive weight to the stuff. Honestly i dont think that dash weighs more than 2 pounds or so now. I took all the vynal off it, took the padding off, which may i add is a nasty job but it seems to just pull off with little to no residue. In the end im left with an almost graphite/composite plastic formed dashboard with semi squared edges. Ill take some pictures once im done. But with that thing the cluster was mounted removed, i can mount the cluster WAY back, almost like an old jeeps gauges. I also took all the steel frame under the dash out and cut off the spots that i did not need, and took off all the sketchy areas that will impale my leg when i slam into something. Prolly going to trim the bottom of the dash off totally though. There will not be any fusebox or ignition switch wiring or any of that jive under there anymore, so theres no need for it and it looks sloppy anyhow.

On the battery, i need to be certain that it is 900 cca. I realize with those small batteries that you are more prone to the shit dying because it does not hold a charge long. Ive heard plenty of stories about guys not having any luck starting their cars after its sat for a month or so. My car has battery terminals on the rear bumper though, and its easy to charge, haha. Plus i drive it frequently and most that do drive frequently have no issues with these braille ones. I sent marcus about em on some other riceboy forum im on tho, hopefully he shoots me back a price.

Thanks again guys. What in the world does the motec display cost anyhow?
Old 08-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #93
nonsense
devils advocate

Send a message via AIM to nonsense

The only prices I've seen on the MoTeC SDL display are in British pounds. 1700 of them for a basic backlit display. That's about $3300 US. Yay weak economy.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:10 AM   #94
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

damn fock that.

id buy a turbo kit for this thing for 3300. who cares about some faggy gauges.

sounds like the 700 dollar aim or racetek it is.. I buy a nice tach, a fuel pressure, oil pressure, and coolant temp electronic warning gauge set im over 700 anyhow so fugg it.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #95
TeamNextGen
TMG.jp member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt45 View Post
There will not be any fusebox or ignition switch wiring or any of that jive under there anymore, so theres no need for it and it looks sloppy anyhow.

that sounds awful wire tuckish...
i'm pretty sure the backlighting on the AIM stuff is fine.give the guys a call-like i said,they're super nice.
Chris
Old 08-06-2008, 08:09 PM   #96
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

i think i may actually penis tuck the interior. but there will only be wires to some switches so i have to do it anyhow..

i could leave them unloomed with no tape tho thats an idea
maybe keep some masking tape labels on all the wires too... shit will still run 9s

haha junk
Old 08-07-2008, 11:11 AM   #97
-TJ
Minus 18

I've had a great run with my Hawker/Odyssey battery - I've had a PC680 in my Civic for over 5 years now. It does discharge after a week or so of non-use, but I always assumed I had an electrical "leak" in the car with the alarm since it's always done that. I just keep my battery tender handy...

900cca...!? Some guys on audiworld with RS6's & S8's are using the PC925 - those cars have serious electrical requirements, so I'd think if they could get by...http://www.odysseyfactory.com/battspecs.html
Old 08-10-2008, 05:42 PM   #98
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

I just got that factory gas tank out and finished up prepping the dash.

I found this gnarley ass snapon air pencil grinder and all my dremel bits fit in it so i have been going to town at 10k+ rpm hoggin this thing out. The dash all together weighs about as much as a full can of tomato soup. like a small campbells can.

The gas tank was absoloutely disgusting. It had rust inside it floating around, the exterior of it was about to rust through, not to mention my fuel cell weighs less than it does empty with 5 gallons of gas in it. Freed up tons of space under there. It is gonna hang down, but after i get everything mounted ill just spraypaint the shit all flat black..

What happens when i spraypaint this fuel pump(aeromotive eliminator) flat black though? It looks like most of its designed to be a heat sinc, but i dont know if thats just cosmetic look or its actually got a purpose. Since its like a 1700 hp fuel pump, and i dont quite need all of it yet and im sure it will be recycling alot back through the return, im going to run a fuel cooler just for precaution, so keep that in mind too. I figured it was just sinc looking so it stayed cooler and the fuel does not heat up, but with a cooler i may be able to spray it black.. I guess i could tuck it up in there big time tho, but im pretty sure it needs to be mounted under the sump outlets on the cell regardless... Right?.

Mainly i dont want rb's to see my xzibit chrome dome fuel cell and pump and lines 400 car lengths back in traffic just cause it glistens in the sun or their roadboy fogs. That and if its all black, i can flip my tail light, brake lights, and license plate lights off and dip at night.

Now i should get the lexan rear hatch window, lexan sides, and hit them all with some 1500 or 2500 grit.. Just enough to take the shine off them.. haha.. Keep the stock windshield normal though.

all i gots is a picture phone or id take some pictures of the junk..

Need to undercoat the car tho before i show you. shits embarrasing.

latr doods

chris (drabbag) is on his way over to help me strip the block so ill get some done for this civic today also...
Old 08-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #99
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TJ View Post
I've had a great run with my Hawker/Odyssey battery - I've had a PC680 in my Civic for over 5 years now. It does discharge after a week or so of non-use, but I always assumed I had an electrical "leak" in the car with the alarm since it's always done that. I just keep my battery tender handy...

900cca...!? Some guys on audiworld with RS6's & S8's are using the PC925 - those cars have serious electrical requirements, so I'd think if they could get by...http://www.odysseyfactory.com/battspecs.html
the one in there is 900cca. i dont know noffin about chevys ridin high, i was just gonna get something around what i got.. If i can do some super smaller one ill do it, like i said i got battery terminals on the rear bumper, so i dont give a shit if i have to jump pack it to get it started. Besides the starter, aint nothin in this thing to eat up juice besides the fuel and ignition anyways. not when im done with it at least... Need to find a rx7 electrical diagram tho. Do you guys think i should wire all the lights to switches from the factory wiring for that shit, or run new direct stuff to each item? Im wiring headlights, tail lights, brake lights, ignition, fan, and fuel pump. Still contemplating the turn signal shit. Its a collectors car so ill just use hand signals if a cop is behind me, haha... If i do wire in turn signals i may just put them on toggles, but im sure id need to use that factory blinker relay.. blballblblblblaaaablaaalblaaa

enough cars, i need to bm
Old 08-11-2008, 10:25 AM   #100
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

Where do i find sheets of dry carbon fiber?

I need some to make a panel for my gauges and switches.

TIA

Tags
build thread, penis tuck, rip colt