Happy Thanksgiving!

Go Back   hybrids.jp > General Discussion > Back Alley
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2008, 10:35 AM   #21
HondaTwinCam
gangster white walls

Send a message via AIM to HondaTwinCam

Holy shit, that starquest... holy shit... I'm more partial to the FC chassis but damn, that thing got nut.
HondaTwinCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #22
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

Location: Cincinnati, the city that almost murdered T.I., haha
Send a message via AIM to colt45

I think im gonna need to put another rear end in this. Mass people do the cobra irs stuff, but im leary about it. Its like 3000 for everything id assume, but im wondering what you can do to an fc rear end to make it strong. I know those drifter dudes have like 450whp cars and shit so theres gotta be something i can do to it to make it strong. Ive got some noise from it now, so im sure its going to blow apart before long. Ill just keep 100 in the glov..... well under the floor mat for a tow. fug it.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #23
mike-y
icy hot stunna

holy god, LSx pwnz all. Even seen one stuffed in a Miata. That FC must be fun as hell with that drivetrain - and the motor is reliable too haha.
mike-y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:59 AM   #24
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

miatas are sweet. I was gonna build one but.

a- im 6' 4'' and i dont fit into one

b- the wheelbase is too short for that much power, it just plain and simple wont hook up.

This car is right at 2500 with me in the car and was professionally corner balanced and what not. Thats plenty light.

I raced a red 03 z06 last night. well 03 z06 was the plates. Some Richard Geere looking older dude driving it. rolled in it from a 50 in 3rd. Pulled about 2 cars on dude by middle of 4th.. Dude gave me devil horns and thumbs up..

Its fun if you get it out in the country. The city streets are too small for it. It just picks up speed too fast, is too squirelly, and makes way too much noise. Theres too many people anymore though, i have to drive like 20 mins to find space to open it up at. But when i do, its over 100 in just a few seconds. I cant imagine when i put some big ass AFR heads on it and a huge cam to match them with. Then some spray. But i keep forgetting about the rear end. I dont think its going to last much longer, and they are pricey. If anyones got a turbo 2 fc rear end laying around let me know. Im trying to get one cause i dont really feel like doing this cobra irs swap. My car only has 74,000 miles tho, just the dilberts who owned it never changed the rear end oil. it was like tar when it came out, so im sure the carrier bearing is whats making the noise. I guess ill find out when i lay some more power to it and it blows shit throught the side of it and all over the street.. shrugs
Old 07-02-2008, 01:28 PM   #25
mike-y
icy hot stunna

is a 350z rear end strong enough? Can't think of anything else right now that might be workable.. did the late model chevy GTOs have IRS?
Old 07-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #26
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

the rear ends are around 500 bucks. regardless of what it is.

The axles are 300
the outer axles are 250
the mounting bracket to line it up there so i dont need to fab it myself is like 650 and personally with my schedule anymore its worth my time to just buy it.

What i dont understand is how there is all these JDM drifter dudes with fc's and fd's beating the hell out of them with 350whp+ and doing it without these ford rear ends..

sigh,,,,

who knows. ill prolly end up getting a cobra one. If you used the cobra r it has the bigger spline axles, larger bearings, and a way better lsd also.. but im sure them shits are pricey as fock.

still no gsr parts in the mail yet. soon tho ill get that turd started also. so ill have two satin black death buggies in the garage. i painted this turd last night....Not tan anymore

still a little cloudy. needs another coat.masking tape is for bitches also, razor blade that shit off the glass. with satin black it makes all the seals and trim look new when you paint it also LOL.

Last edited by colt45; 07-02-2008 at 02:27 PM.
colt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #27
Tee
Superduty Tuffwork!

Send a message via AIM to Tee
Default Chimed in late...

...but maybe torque is the defining factor with the "JDM Dorfito" dudes. They don't make as much torque at peak or across their powerbands. Torque does weird things to stuff like twist the unibodies of smallblock powered Chevy Vegas. Anyway...
Peace...
Tee
Old 07-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #28
HondaTwinCam
gangster white walls

Send a message via AIM to HondaTwinCam

What'd you spray? Krylon? I keep thinking about spraying my Milano Pink EG...
HondaTwinCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #29
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

SEM Trim Black

Its for trim paint on like turds with black bumpers stock. I guess its what bodyshops use to re paint the trim when it gets faded and what not. It goes on way smooth and stays on strong. I didnt even scuff my old mustake up when i painted it. Never had a problem. the riceboy wigger that bought it still parades around town with the paintjob and it looks flawless. Only reason i painted that was because it had some like dog boner purple/pink marble racing stripes on it and i 2 toned it to get rid of the gayness....

all i gots is this pic. before i put 2 more coats on it but you can tell. It goes on really smooth. The problem with rattle cans is unless you paint it correctly, it will show the spots and cloudyness of the finish since its not uniform.

yea id assume my 5.7 liter does a little more torque output than a 13b.

My friend is cutting me out some hearse scrolls today out of 12 gauge aluminum sheets on the waterjet for the b pillars though. 10.5 inch long ones. like a hearse has on the sides. Then hes cutting me some 666's for the rear since i broke off the 7 to replace it with RX666 haha..

i was approved for collector tags in ohio. Since its a 10th anniv its elligible for collector plates. With those here in ohio, you can get out of fix it tickets also. And since i drive it at daytime, the whole shit is getting tinted with 95% limo. Entire windshield and all. And the loud exhaust/no front plate/low car laws can suckass too, cause my friend got out of all his with collector plates.

2 DA MORG is what i got for plates.. appropreate. haha

sorry bout the botched grammar. im in the midst of some crazy hectic day here at work.

Last edited by colt45; 07-02-2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:32 PM   #30
Jaker
Hybrids.jp Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt45 View Post
SEM Trim Black

Its for trim paint on like turds with black bumpers stock. I guess its what bodyshops use to re paint the trim when it gets faded and what not. It goes on way smooth and stays on strong.

all i gots is this pic. before i put 2 more coats on it but you can tell. It goes on really smooth. The problem with rattle cans is unless you paint it correctly, it will show the spots and cloudyness of the finish since its not uniform.
When you get the chance, can you give a bit of detail about the process to get it smooth without spots and cloudiness? I'm painting the Shagovan like this, and want it to look decent.
Jaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #31
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

i just hit it with a 3m gray scotch pad. then wash the car off then go to town with the spray cans. Most of the time the gloss paint is where the inconsistancys come from with the cloudy finish and what not. With the trim paint its not there.

I literally did not even wash this fc. i just painted it in the parking lot at my work. Once i can wash it off ill get some photos of it for you.

that mustang i painted in my back yard while the neighbor was mowing his grass even. still looked fine. and if you find a light spot just get out and patch it up.

semi gloss black ftw
Old 07-02-2008, 08:23 PM   #32
pozzi
i'm tuff

Send a message via ICQ to pozzi Send a message via AIM to pozzi Send a message via Yahoo to pozzi

Quote:
semi gloss black ftw
you sir are correct!

gloss =

flat =

semigloss =

AN600 F/S...check it!

"Rainbows and sunshine are not the specialty of this forum." SK

When did perception become reality??!?
out of step...with the world.

pozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:52 AM   #33
mike-y
icy hot stunna

Also, its good to get a spray handle, like this:

Makes the spraying go a whole lot easier from what I'm told. Should be able to pick one up at a paint store, but Amazon has them for like 2 dollars and change
http://www.amazon.com/Rustoleum-Rust.../dp/B000DZFE44
Old 07-03-2008, 08:23 AM   #34
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

yea. I didnt use one of those things and i think it compromised my finish in some spots. I got it on kina thick in one spot and it ran a little. But ill just scuff it down and paint it again. Hell i painted over brake dust and shit so who cares. haha

but that finger trigger thing makes painting way easier. My finger is pretty so'e today from all of the action. And the finger, its coated in paint like those bums you see on cops with paper bags and gold spraypaint. So def for the minimal cost, get that handle thing.

ill take some after shots but heres some of this fc since you dudes seem to be interested, and conversing on here makes the day go by faster here at work, haha.

enjoy

its got the 241 casting heads on it right now, but all of the z06 stuff inside them. I believe they may be ported slightly also. Either way i want to put a fast intake manifold on it, get some used afr heads, and a big race cam..... Once i get a couple of rear ends..

But i think this noise im hearing may actually be the input shaft bearing. It makes noise exactly like any honda ive had with a bad input shaft bearing has. No sound when clutch is pushed in and all is quiet. When you let out on clutch a grinding sound begins to emit(sp?). Hard to believe with a trans with such low milage 27k but whatev. I think im just going to pull the trans out this weekend maybe?.. and see what im in for. I think the rear end may be fine, but im sure with a goal around 500whp and over 450 torque it will blow into smitherines.

im gonna start piecing together this cobra irs stuff i guess. The only thing im noided by is the traction with irs. It seems all these v8 rx dudes are going to solid axle to get more traction. I dont really want solid rear axle because im not into guns and roses and nascar.

im also wondering what kind of tire setup i could swap to for the street that would get good traction. these do alright, but i think i could sell them for decent money, and go wider and get some dot legal r compounds. I mean it does not have a sunroof or windows installed into the car chassis anyhow, so this isnt something im driving on a rainy day or the winter.

I think im gonna yank the blower motor out tonight and paint the interior gray though. yeah, i think im gonna paint it gray... yeahhhh

-rain man out.. for a few

Last edited by colt45; 07-03-2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #35
Jaker
Hybrids.jp Member

How many cans did you use to paint the whole car?
Old 07-03-2008, 02:05 PM   #36
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

5 at 7 bucks each
Old 07-03-2008, 03:29 PM   #37
Jaker
Hybrids.jp Member

Quote:
7 bucks each
Where? Cheapest I've found is $10 per can.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:38 PM   #38
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

9.25 is the cheapest ive seen it. i didnt know you were like asking to find it. Im in cincinnati, and my friends family owns a chain of auto parts stores. i got them at cost. i said 7 because i was emphasizing on the cheaper total cost paintjob.

10 is an alright deal i guess if its more $ where u live?

the main thing is laying the paint on even. If you pool it up it does not matter what finish it is, it will show. but if you get it on even then it turns out looking very uniform with no cloudy splotches.

Last edited by colt45; 07-03-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:18 AM   #39
Jaker
Hybrids.jp Member

Cool. Thanks. I'll be sure and post up pics when it's one.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #40
colt45
<10MPG or Bust!

i need to modify one of the fuel rail covers to fit, so thats why its crooked. More or less just put them in there to spruce it up a little. haha

camera phone pics just for little katman since he loves the res.

Tags
build thread, penis tuck, rip colt